- Ensure that patient undergoes thyroid function tests prior to first dose, every 12 weeks while on PD-1 therapy and q3 weeks with ipilimumab
- High TSH with low free T4 consistent with primary hypothyroidism
- DDX: secondary hypothyroidism due to hypophysitis, low TSH and low free T4
- Occasionally thyroiditis with transient hyperthyroidism (low TSH and high free T4) may be followed by more longstanding hypothyroidism (high TSH and low free T4)
- Other immune-related toxicity?
- Prior thyroid dysfunction?
Leave a reply